Saturday, February 4, 2012

An apology of sorts

I hope that you'll forgive last night's melancholy. I had this dream this morning, that we hadn't moved yet. We were packing the U-haul, and doing such a poor job of it. And I when I woke up in the apartment I was so happy to be here. So happy that we have moved, and that we're here.

It's just overwhelming. For years this is all I wanted. To live in the city. To live in San Francisco. But nothing is quite as I imagined.

Really I should have figured that out after thirty years. Things are never as you plan.

I imagined us closer to the heart of the city, instead we're out of the way. I imagined excitement, instead it's quiet and peaceful. Quieter than Orange County. I imagined to be within a stones throw of all these hip local places, instead we can walk to the mall.

None of these things are bad. There's a lot to be said about each of these developments.

I am so thrilled to be here. I just wish I had more stories to share. I wish that every time people asked, I had a new exciting tale to tell.

But that's all on me, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment