Monday, December 5, 2011

Very Important Issues

Every couple has that subject where they just agree to disagree; the issue that can never be resolved. For some it’s politics. Others, religion. Others still might argue over their sports team loyalties, or whether they use a Mac or PC. Leonard and I don’t have those issues. Our political and religious views are similar enough, we use the electronics we can afford, and I’m the only sports fan in our household. No, our disagreement is a bit different than those.

Pizza.

Some of the issues we’ve managed to come to terms with. Sure he’d prefer meat pizza, and my all-time favorite is a simple extra cheese pizza, but we have a variety of toppings that we agree on. And if the price is right, we’re not above getting personalized pizzas and enjoying leftovers for a few days. But there’s one issue we cannot agree on, one area where neither of us will give in.

Who has the best pizza in Orange County?

Believe it or not, we manage to agree on quite a few aspects of this issue. We like the same style of pizza; served in a cardboard box, crust thicker than New York, but thinner than Chicago. We even agree on the city with the best pizza, down to the zip code. 92626. Some of you will know that zip code immediately, and will already be thinking of your favorite pizza in Costa Mesa. And some of you, particularly my family members, will agree with me.

Nick’s.

This was the pizza of my childhood. Back then it was a little hole in the wall, barely worth mentioning except for the fact that the pizza tasting a-freaking-mazing. I was a kid, I didn’t appreciate how good it was. Then I went back as an adult. Now it’s a “Restorante Italiano” with a full menu of Italian treats. I stick with the pizza.

On Friday night, Leonard and I split a mushroom and garlic pizza.

I don’t want to say goodbye to this pizza. I want it tonight. I want it this weekend. I want to kick myself for all the nights I deferred to Leonard, and allowed him to pick the pizzeria.

Like I said, we don’t disagree completely. I agree that his favorite pizza is delicious, and he quite enjoys Nick’s.

But seriously? Will San Francisco pizza compare?

It's sure going to be fun finding out!

(pictured below - our actual pizza from Friday night)


3 comments:

  1. Um...oh my gosh! That pizza looks like the best thing. EVER!!! I need to go there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go Jess! You and me. Maybe the boys. Or they can go to the other pizza place.

    ReplyDelete