Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meeting new people

There are so many ways to start over, so many areas in which Leonard and I will be starting from scratch. I realize, for example, that I may have to tone down my dark sense of humor until people get to know me. Until they realize that I'm a ball of rainbows and unicorns. It's only hilarious if people know how kind I truly am.

But another issue has occurred to me as of late. Namely my name. Leonard's been dealing with this for a while. Over half the people in his life, including close friends & family, refer to him by his middle name: Joe (Joseph). Every time he starts over, starts at a new job or a new theatre, he has to decide what to go by.

But with my unique name, I find myself in a quandary. In the past I had it down. Pronounce the Mai like Mai Tai. Spelled like Email, but with the e at the end. Rhymes with Smiley, yes, it does fit, doesn't it, ha ha. Now though, I have a simple yet sincere question.

In this post Miley Cyrus world, what is the easiest way for me to introduce myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment