Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Apartment Search Continues

Apartment hunting has gotten real.

I’ve been on craigslist every day, save that lovely week I went without Internet, but until now most of the units I’ve looked at have been hypothetical. Price point, amenities and neighborhood research on apartments that are available well before our desired move in date. And while most of the ads listed are still looking for December tenants, people are starting to post their January vacancies.

We’ve looked seriously into one apartment community, one that I have very mixed feelings about. Otherwise it’s craigslist, craigslist and word of mouth. Will word of mouth be our eleventh hour save?

I don’t know.

What I do know is that Leonard and I have very different ideal areas. His school and my restaurant are about twenty minutes from one another. Naturally we’d both prefer to be close to our own place of interest. I argue that Union Square is a far more fascinating part of the city, but that’s neither here nor there.

Because remember, at this point it’s not about being picky. It’s about finding somewhere that will take the four of us in.

And hopefully, not going broke during the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment