Tuesday, November 29, 2011

All Shook Up

Tonight I said goodbye to the books. Dropped them off with tears in my eyes. In an effort to improve my mood, Leonard and I decided to cross an item off of our Orange County Bucket List.

Parking isn't great in our neighborhood. I'm sure that after we move to the city, we'll look back on our situation fondly, but for now let's just say this. It stinks. The worst is every other Monday, or as I like to call them, Hell Monday. Street sweeping severely limits parking a reasonable distance to the apartment, and often we're forced to park nearly a mile away. Usually in the same spot, in front of a house that features a life sized Elvis statue.

Not too far from our apartment, there's a small strip of old town Garden Grove, maybe a dozen businesses in total. One of these is a restaurant that has a similar Elvis statue. Azteca Mexican Restaurant.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this certainly wasn't it. Elvis was everywhere. We sat in the booth under the Blue Hawaii poster (naturally). We watched Elvis movies, listened to Elvis music, and looked at Elvis pictures. Pictures covered not only the walls, but the ceiling above us.

After years and years of parking by one Elvis statue, and driving by the restaurant, it was nice to see what Azteca was all about. It was a destination worthy of the bucket list, and a must see for any Orange County Elvis fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment